Sunday, November 21, 2004

hellow orld

Hi Everyone. Look Alive! I'm back. A lot has happenned since I last blogged. Bush won for one.I must be the only one in my herd who supported him just because he keeps the world intersting. We lost to Aussies for another and that's again so wonderful. I wonder how many defeats before this nation can get disillusioned with this game. Suhail got sick of blogging and initially I was thinking of putting a post saying 'NO POSTS UNTIL...' but then realized the contradiction in posting a 'no post'. Anyway...

So I was home on Diwali. Went to visit a friend in a nearby village and was so excited as it's been soooo long since I last visited a real village. The weather in Rajasthan is lovely. The roads are great and kittu's new bike is such a beauty. Lush green fields (yes, they very much exist in Rajasthan, it's not all desert. At least in my part eastern Rajasthan) and kettles and huts and lil hills and 'gulabi dhoop' and deep-like-hell wells and 'there is no tomorrow' kids in dirty school uniforms playing 'kanche' (marbles) (I love this sport. Don't know why it's so unpopular among parents. This was probably the only sport I was good in.:)) ). baazare ki roti with makkhan. Tea in a long bronze glass. Yeah lassi is not that popular here but tea for sure is. I remember when I was home last June. There was some problem with the water-pipes so our plumber was toiling on the roof top in the hot rajasthani sun. Pitying him I asked him if he'll like some cool mango shake or something and he replied 'TEA'. That's my home. Sweet home.

Back here Blore is it's usual pathetic self. stalemate over hindi movies still going on. I say why don't they just ban them and release their wonderful kannada movies dubbed in Hindi or English so that we get a chance to appreciate their hard work. Going by the kannada movie posters I wonder how can ppl watch them. Wipro has already opened it's new centre in W.Bengal. I hope other companies take a hint and move out of this sick place and leave kannadigas in peace and poverty.

No comments: