Thursday, August 26, 2004

on fast track

Lack of sleep is not as painful as lack of food. Today I am fasting and though I'd been fasting once a week for more than year before giving up and this new twice a month fast for eight months now, I can't say that I'm used to it. Every time I fast it's an all new feeling. It's much easier now as my mom cooks stuff that can be stuffed even on fasts (it's complicated... what you can eat what you can not on a fast). But earlier I had to survive only on fruit Juice and sweets. Not so yummy when you can't eat anything else. Now I get to eat potato-hulwa and kuttu-ke-aate-ki-khichadi and of course fruits.One thing that surprized me more than anything after I started to fast was that after a day of fast I really no more feel hungry. I mean I feel weak, too weak but not hungry.
That explained why the fasts are normally broken by fruit juices etc and not some heavy stuff.

No comments: