Thursday, July 14, 2005

four days since...

I joined the new job. after that hell of a friday I had hell of a friday nite when some sleep walker took off with my laptop bag which had more imp stuff like my relieving and joining letter and cheque books. Lucky, he left his own bag behind and more lucky as it had his number so I got it all back. phew. must say that for those few hours I was tensed. my mom almost cried seeing my 'expose it all' face.

back home in Jaipur it's life as usual. Folks from Jaipur always remind me of hobbits and shire :) totally in love with Jaipur and barely aware of what goes on in the wider world.
company acco at noida turned out to be a big let down. Realized why TI is called the best company to work for. While there we always used to stay in hotels like Taj West End and Leela Palace, here I saw myself cramping in a ghetto called Bali Residency. Well I made the choice to move closer to home so u know. u don't get everything afterall.

work is more or less the same. only instead of being my 'khandu knows it all so beware' self, here I'll be tested every now and then.

Hindi is overused everywhere. I was stunned (really) when during the telephonic HR folks started talking in Hindi! That way Bangalore ppl are more professional I suppose.
Still a lot of things to sort out. My stuff is still in travel. House hunt is yet to take off. got my new number :D means good bye to a lot of folks.

and I am going home this weekend. that's why I came here afterall. home where I'll be safe and warm :)

3 comments:

Akruti said...

Ha,so finally u reached the place and hope u have great time with family and goodluck for ur new job and for adjusting there:)

Unknown said...

Weekend weekend ghar ki trip! Reminds me of college days!

Amitesh Khandelwal said...

Hey thanks Avik!!

Neels: thanks. it's still a lot of work...

ManishJi: ye hi to mazaa hai noida men kaam karne ka :)