Tuesday, December 14, 2004

buk buk

while Srini is thinking about animals and Shaffy is thinking about beggars, I am thinking about thinking. it is something we are forced to do all the time. like a slave against our will. of course you may not have really ever thought about not to think about anything but think about it now. I consider the process of not thinking very sacred. because whenever I am deep in meditation (ok you don't know me but I do meditate daily. for that matter by definition to meditate is actually to think deeply and it gets confusing so I'll go by the face value of meditation, that is to chant something or read something. WAIT I am off from my original point, we'll discuss it someother time.) I disconnect from this world and go into a state of 'no state' and that's a great feeling. (don't trust me but I can certainly claim and this claim is as good as the existence of GOD. you can't prove or disprove)
on the other side I like 'force thinking'. That's what I do when I am listening to GunsNroses and music like that. I try to follow and feel each and every instrument in the song and that's hell a lot of work for the poor brain. interesting thing is if you listen to a lot of music you'll start to anticipate it. Music almost always follows a predictable path and you can certainly predict most of the time the next note in a song and that's even more work for the brain. (but most of the rock songs are unpredictable so that's where the real challenge is!) This excercise is highly refresing and gets me out of depression in a jiffy...
don't bother to think too much about all this but thanx to lewis carroll non sense is the only true sense.

No comments: