Friday, December 03, 2004

caterpilar lady

walking on a beautiful sunday morning on a lazy road with lush green parks full of heavily dewed grass my eyes noticed a pretty young lady where pretty has nothing to do with young.
As usual I was contemplating various introductory sentences when suddenly heavens started to sing and dance. wait, no. it's her talking to me. yes certainly she is talking to me...
'don't step on that; it's a caterpilar'
that's all and she was gone. even before I could tell her that roaming around stepping on caterpilars wasn't exactly my business. even before I could ask for a hand to keep the above mentioned species in a safe place. actually even before I could spot the tiny piece of life so seemingly close to the damsel in distress.
Yes there was no caterpilar there, none whatsoever. May be it vanished on my sight or may be my sight needed mending. May be a bigger caterpilar ate it. May be the pretty young lady just wanted to talk to me. Nah, she won't make a dash then. But she was morning walking and pretty young ladies' morning walking is quite a running for the stressed out overworked er of an engineer like me.So I turned around to see where she was but she was nowhere. This gave me quite a shock. Someone had a eraser. I mean first a well sighted and likened caterpilar disappears and then probably it's sole admirer? Someone was erasing things from my sight. But everything else seem to stay on.
'Are you alright, you haven't moved an inch it seems from my last round?'
okay, I can atleast hear her. No wait she is behind me so I made another turn and yes, she was very much there.
'I saw no caterpilar around!' I complained.
'well then it obviously didn't depend on me campaigning for 'step off caterpilars!'
...

No comments: