Friday, January 21, 2005

bread n butter


bread n butter
Originally uploaded by fd97103.

I complete three years in my present job which is also my first job. three years.. what a number. one or two sound too less while five or six too much. but three is right there. not too bad not too good. anyway we'll talk about three sometimes later for now it's certainly a time to lookback. Three years ago when I had set foot in Bangalore it was a do or die situation for me. I had already failed in a couple of very good companies though not entirely because of my fault but a failure indeed and after being unemployed for six months after a dream acedamic career, frustrating would be an understatement for my state of mind. anyway I landed a job here afterall. For that I'll etrnally be thankful to Pala, a hobbit by nature living the statement by Gandalf that you can learn everything about him in less than two months yet after six years he can still surprize you. So here I was in my first job more by luck than talent. I mean I am good I know but six months of grounding can ground your confidence and then you are nothing and working in a company which is best in it's field at that time was really an experience. anyhow I survived and man three years was a long time. I saw so many leave in between and so many more join. just the way things work here. dear friends left, mostly to the states. I don't know why people follow this out of site-out of life funda... anyway... There were ups and downs in the job. I falterd at times. did wonderfully some othertimes... Must say that learning curve bends once you join a job but comfort and 'ash-o-aaram' increases. Though after engineering I was fed up with exams and acedamics I think now I've started to miss them. Specially the excitement of cracking a tough test or exam. I wish work here was graded the same way. well may be they do grade it but all I get to hear is 'we appreciate. good job. excellent work. thanks for all the hard work.' it's so boring. guess I should make this suggestion of saying it differently...

weekend is here. I have to finish the agony and the ecstasy. clean the house, it's a dustbin right now. plan to go carting tomorrow :) yes yes yes. watch LOTR once again. probably wakeup an old friend. might be risky. get a treat from Ashu for cracking three out of three job interviews. Nahi Bachega Bachchooo.

No comments: