Sunday, January 09, 2005

dance on

Have you seen the song 'Bardasht nahi kar sakta' from humraaz?
I had watched it a lot of times being one of my favorite dance numbers and I always thought that the steps in the song were really easy. So when I decided to stop jumping around in the name of dance and start really dancing I picked this one to learn my first steps. by the way this was when I gave up after two dance schools insisting to teach only silly things like salsa and tango and whatever. I mean guys I just want plain simple party dance but no they will teach only these. so I decided to learn it on my own. YES. I am a tagore fan :)
So I started. Decided to follow Akshay's steps. And that's when I realized what lie lies in our eyes. There is such a world's difference in what you see as simple and what it really is. This guy just seemed to go from left to right, legs up and down, hands up and down. that's it. 1-2-3-4. I watched the four steps for more than half an hour and still couldn't figure out how to do it.
well after hard work I succeeded of course but now I have a whole new view of things. dance to someone else's steps!!!
besides I am reading the agony and the ecstasy by irving stone and that's lending another view as well. I mean I never gave marble so much thought. it's everywhere back home but no more than a decoration. and here michelangelo thinks it has a life of it's own. interesting.

No comments: