Wednesday, January 05, 2005

love you father

according to gregorian calendar it's already one year while in Vikram Samvat there are still two days and half a month for one year.one year since my father left the material world. I was so devastated at that time that I didn't know if I'll last another day. but friends and family helped me get through this tough time. and so did my colleagues and managers who gave me as many leaves as I asked and even when I returned gave me ample time to recover. thanks folks.
though they say time is a great healer but this loss is still as fresh in my mind as it ever was. I miss my father so much and I know so does so many others. most his students and followers. he used to teach Hindi,Sanskrit, Political Sc, Philosophy, Sociology, music and what not to class XIIth to BA,MA,PhD and whatever and he was an encyclopedia of information about our scriptures, culture, traditions, rituals, myths. Main reason I could get through this period was due to his teachings and love. When I was kid and used to cry to get things done in my favor he'd often tell me that every drop of tears is a pearl, don't waste it, singing 'bade bade moti se aansoon jai maala pahnate the' from a poem by Subhadra Kumari Chauhaan. The words used to come ringing in my ears whenever I missed him. My strong belief in my religion is because he could clarify every doubt I had and mind you I used to have a lot of questions.Then he was also a social activist holding many positions in various organizations. and by the way only 16% of his body was functional due to a polio attack when he was just four.
He didn't make too much money. This was something he could never explain to me. I always used to think that he was an underachiever here. He used to say that he love his job of teaching because it's 'Hari ka bhajan aur pet ka dhandha.' I never got the funda. He was so intelligent he could have been IAS or something. I never got it. Not until that day when I saw people flocking for the last rituals and later. People who I'd never met before who'll come sit next to me tears in eyes and tell me how my father shaped their life. I understood that day how right his priorities were.

5 comments:

Akruti said...

Khandu,if i say that i understand ur pain then i will be wrong,only u can feel it,it is not easy but then life goes on.U r among the few lucky ppl in this world who had such a wonderful person as u r mentor.who always answered ur questions.today he might not be with u here but then u neednot search for him,he is with u always.
and i mean it,because i know how it feels to be without feeling someone's presence,my father is in this world but not with me,i dont know if he cares,he left when i was a kid,all my questions as a kid and even now r unanswered:),so just takecare and godbless u.and ya,u have great friends,keep smiling.

Amitesh Khandelwal said...

Neels, too many times I've tried to post a reply to ur comment but I am too bad with words. so I'll just say THANKS! and yeah life goes on and so must I and so must we all.

shaffy said...

khandu as neels said it's not possible for anyone to feel anyone else's pain.i've always believed that, but then i feel after reading ur post that u even need anyone's sympathy.u seem to hv come to terms with the pain,and all that anyone may have had to say to you to lessen ur pain, u already know that.your father must be proud of you.


bdw as for the website u had asked for.it's
www.arydigital.tv.
enter their arydigital section and there ull find the message going on.lessen others pain, ull forget urs.thats my motto!

shaffy said...

here's the direct link as well.just copy-paste it and ull get there.
http://www.arydigital.tv/heal/
i hope it works.

Amitesh Khandelwal said...

Hey Shaffy, thanks for the comments and the link...