Monday, January 17, 2005

vo kaata

If mysore is for Dashahara, Cal for Durga Pooza, Mumbai for Ganapathi then Jaipur sure is the place to be in during Makar Sankranti. And though I have known this always, this was however my first Sankranti in Jaipur. It was so good to finally see the sky littered with kites of all shapes and colors, every one on their roof tops busy in flying or looting kites, music systems playing heart thumping songs as if the whole city was one big discotheque, the sound of 'vo kaata' and of course the welcome break of til-ke-laddoo and garmagaram chai. The weather was also lovely this time though the wind was not that good lekin chalta hai. Being a beginner in this world I was taught how to 'lapet' two kites using your own by my JijaJi. quite a science I'll say. Only skilled ones can figure out and be prepared to loot the 'kati patang'. To me all of them appeared to be the same 'sky is no limit' kind of entities flying ever higher and higher. By sheer dumb luck I 'kato' 4 and 'lapeto' one when I was 'samet'ing my kite. Guess I have some talent after all.

No comments: