Monday, June 06, 2005

The Garuda Mall

This one is just like the ones in the US in all the ways. Big malls in Bangalore be it the Forum or the Bangalore Central don't give you that feeling. Now of course my exp is limited to malls I've seen in and around Houston. The one distinctive feature of those malls is the 'Indian Thadi'. Small corner shops near elevators mostly run by folks from this sub continent. Another is the corner food joints. Designer shops are the other attraction. Even Shopper's stop which has shifted to this mall wears a different look. There is a very good shoe store with all the brands under one roof :) Mittal Saab's immediately declared upon entering the shop 'agar yahaan nahi mila to bhool ja'. Apparently I found out sometimes back that I am very very choosy abt my shoes. The last time I bought them was a year ago and I hunted for them for nearly 3-4 months looking into every shop everywhere. This time though since I was aware of my 'state' I inadvertantly started to like almost every shoe I saw and in the end bought a pair of adidas which looked very similar to the skechers that I have. Ever since I heard their new punch line 'impossible is nothing' I wanted to buy an adidas pair. So now that I have the right gear I should start sailing for something better than impossible. hmmm. how abt Kim Possible :)

4 comments:

shantanu said...

hehe buying shoes for the punchline, dude??? u gotta have a biiig collection of shoes...

Amitesh Khandelwal said...

nah man. I don't get impressed that easily but this one certainly hit me :)

shub said...

:):)

Anonymous said...

ahem, nava templata! badhiya hai :-)