Wednesday, June 29, 2005

This one is for TI

Back home when ppl ask me which company I work for, after getting the answer they most often suggest I switch to Infy or Wipro. not blaming them as after all they are the biggest indian brand name these days. But I thought I can do some promotion myself :) Some bullets from TI's 75 year old history

:: TI is the world’s most admired semiconductor company, according to Fortune magazine.
:: TI has shipped more than 20M graphing calculators.
:: More than 50% of 3G phones sold worldwide use TI technology.
:: TI DSPs are so fast they’re in the Guinness Book of Records. TI DSPs let you download in five seconds what took an hour in 1980. TI produces half of the world’s DSPs.
:: Before TI invented the handheld calculator, a typical calculator was as big as a typewriter and cost as much as a car.
:: TI has shipped more than 120B semiconductor chips.
:: TI’s Educational & Productivity Solutions business has trained more than 100,000 educators in innovative methods of teaching math.
:: TI provides support to some of the world’s most prestigious engineering universities including Carleton University, Georgia Institute of Technology, MIT, Rice University, Seoul National University, Stanford University, Tel Aviv University, and Texas A&M University.
:: TI has enabled the creation of more than 1300 real-time digital signal processing labs in universities worldwide.
:: Senior female business leaders at TI have formed the Women of TI Fund to develop and foster programs to keep girls interested in math.
:: Every week day, TIers across the United States are serving as mentors to elementary, middle and high school students to help them achieve their learning goals.

1 comment:

Woodooz said...

Well atleast I have someone to share my woes. when I say Sify, people wonder what it is... the moment I say Satyam Infoway, they respond with a ... "Ohhhh Satyam computers?"