Friday, June 17, 2005

no pipe dream this

pipe dream here and pipe dream there. Though I knew what the phrase is all about I wanted to know from where it comes. it's my nature. I had once seen a movie on TV with this name where a plumber plays the role of the director. very good movie. tells us how we ignore these lil ppl like plumbers who work for us. In our context I guess security guards will be more apropriate. Here and there you will find one going abt his job and I am sure we never give them a second look. anyway so I was behind pipe dream.of course I did a google search on it and bang came a site phrases.org.uk or something like that. never knew such site exists which lets you know all about the origins and meanings of phrases! to ab raaz khulega sabka. lekin google nahi hota to hamara kya hota?

3 comments:

Tipsy Topsy said...

no limits to the things one can know....sometimes makes u think that the whole journey of knowledge is so futile because there will always be SOOO much that u wouldn't know!

and whadya mean by good to see u here? have always been around :)

Amitesh Khandelwal said...

umm, sometimes I tend to be too cryptic. Since you welcomed me back to north, by my statement I tried to say that it's good that you are there. .!.

Tipsy Topsy said...

woops. i thought u meant good to see u on ur blog :D