Sunday, June 05, 2005

The Sunidhi Chauhan show.

mast, sajana ve sajna(chameli), aisa jadoo daala re(khakee), tauba tauba ishk(kaal), tere ishk ki deewangi(ab tak, I guess), dhoom machale dhoom. every one of these songs can get your feet tapping in no time and it's just a small set of all the great songs she has sung in her lil career so far. I have been following it from the very beginning. from meri aawaj suno's tearful final, from her 'era gera natthu khaira' days till today. So there was no doubt in my mind when I saw the hoarding announcing her show on 4th June in Palace grounds that I'll be there no matter what. Anticipating a lot of crowd and rains I wanted to go with 'safe' partners ;) but my flatmate who's an equally ardent fan of her backed off siting the interview for MS on monday. Then I called gaga in the middle of the nite which is the only good time if you need a favor and surprizingly I got two instead of one partner :) Three years in Bangalore and this was the first live show I was going to attend in the palace grounds. In the end there were four of us and we reached the venue dot on time to find it empty :( one hour of waiting and chatting and 'pata'oing security guards to allow us into the better segment since there were so few people only to find that these private guards are the most honest ppl in India. of course in the end we managed to get in there with just a lil over 3000 ppl in my estimate. the organizers didn't obviously advertise the event properly or bangaloreans are too 'angrez' or they hate rains, whatever, we had a blast. I still have a sour throat due to all the shouting I did and I love it when people in front don't turn your necks but instead take it from there :) I was really thankful to the organizers since such a lil crowd made it my type of show with all the fun and no hastle. and believe it or not the moment she went off the stage it started to rain! but we sped ahead of the clouds and were able to come home quite dry!!!

3 comments:

Tipsy Topsy said...

her songs in Mast were quite kewl, wern't they?

Akruti said...

One of my fav singers too:)

Amitesh Khandelwal said...

alas, bangloreans don't think so :(