Monday, October 04, 2004

gigs

we are gigs! every stinky s/w engineer is a gig according to the grand old lady of whitefield and she has a point. gigs can spend 25 bucks for a glass of pepsi. gigs can talk about what goes on in the streets of LA but won't know where is Magadi road and whether it is pronounced maagadi or magaadi. for them all the dances are the same (what? there are levels in BharatNatyam? Isn't it the one where you wear a mask?) I was bestowed this knightship when I visited A&P along with Pala who wanted to prove that life is not all that boring and lesser mortals are rather enjoying it. We went to whitefields where he's purchased a new land where construction is a far dream and development is a miraz. Only thing great about it was the serenity surrounding the place. I couldn't believe such place could exist in the deadly-madly-sadly blore. There was also a cool lake nearby. Then we went to see A&P (reminds me of AVP...) As usual the moment I saw P I knew I'd seen her somewhere and that I'd never be able to recall. (later Pala told me she indeed resembled one of our batchmates in pilani) Here was when we hit her majesty who when asked if A was home went and informed him that some obscure gigs have come to see you. Anyway I was instantly shocked to see such a cool house. Two dogs, one cat, two kittens, one dog house, tons of mud around, a very beautiful garden, two ancient motorbikes, one half constructed house with real old wooden gates of less than five feet height, tons of old teak wood lying around, one fully constructed house minus a door and what not. A showed as around explaining why there is no plastering required and why there is hole in the walls and how the windows will work without any frame and why the house will stay put inspite of missing pillars and a hole in the roof. I had very serious doubts about the whole scheme but as it was my first visit I decided to not criticize resulting in me appearing a non speaking entity and A&P trusting me to be a shy guy and hoping that next time I'll speak a lot (poor devils) All in all quite an experience knowing how people gather stuff around to keep themselves busy.
Well after all this gyana (why in the world is it spelt gnana?) we went to see 'king of bollywood' in the multiplex. Good time pass and great waste of money.

No comments: