Friday, October 01, 2004

songs you should have heard and loved

There are some great songs which are not very popular. Here are a few I like
  1. Deewana dil deewana : from Kabhi Haan Kabhi Na starring SRK (and Deepak Tizori) 
  2. Pyar Gazab Ki Cheej Hai Jise Ho Jaye Bus Ho Jaye : Amazing song from Ek Hi Raasta, featuring Ajay Devgan. Really good lyrics. I'll publish them in a separate post.
  3. Hulla Gulla : From Bombay. Not as popular as humma-humma and other songs from this movie. ARR made some good experiments like using a child's cry as an instrument. Great rhythem.
  4. Premika ne pyar se : From Hum Se Hai Muquabla. The tamil version is much better as the lyrics fit prefectly to the tune. Hindi lyrics are lame. But the music is great. Specially one tune in this song which is played on I don't know what instrument but it sounds straight from heaven. You will know what I am talking about once ou listen to this song.
  5. Only you : Another ARR classic. It's from the mega hit Vandemaataram Album. ARR sang this one on Rendezvous with Simi Garewal.I loved it anyway.(I wonder why I am ending up listing down ARR songs)
  6. Aa gaya hun paas tere : How many songs you remember after hearing them just once? This is one of them. There was once a serial played on DD called 'stone boy'. This song featured in that. I don't know why but I could never forget this song after that...

No comments: